Wednesday 17 July 2013

A beach bag I won't be afraid to use!

Tonight I decided to take an old shirt that I haven't warn in YEARS (seriously, I got this shirt in grade 10, and have only kept it around because it's from newfoundland) and turn it into a new beach bag! 

The shirt was pretty long which was nice, and the bigger the shirt you have, the bigger bag you'll get! I LOVE how it turned out, good up-cycle to this old piece of junk! 

1- I cut off both sleeves just around the seam.
2- I cut the neckline off as evenly as I could on both sides of the shirt.
3- I laid the shirt out as flat as I could, and made cuts about half an inch away from each other up the shirt about 4-5 inches.  
4- Taking the strands I had just cut, I pulled them all out to stretch them out
5- I tied the two sides of the shirt together with the strands, and then double knoted them with the strands beside to make a stronger hold. 
6- DONE

How easy is that? Thank you pinterest. You have good ideas. I am excited to use this bag, and maybe make more! That is all for now, just thought I would share. 


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment