Wednesday 26 June 2013

Blog about what?

           I have decided to change up my life through the simple things and of course, blog about it. Why? Because that's what the cool kids are doing. That and I think blogging is a great simple change to make that will help me keep in the practice of writing and learning as I go.
           WARNING: If you continue to read my blog you are sure to find gramatical errors, misspelled words, a few puns and hopefully some encouragement along the way.


          So let's begin. I have decided to blog about 3 main things but am sure to post a random one here and there as well. Lets face it, my brain doesn't always function the way it should and sometimes it's hard to stick to the layout. I also will probably rabbit trail as I tend to do so in conversation. One thing reminds me of the next and before you know it, we're all lost. But the 3 things I will try to focus in on are these...

Music Lifestyle: What am I up to? Have I written lately? Am I playing any shows in the near future? That kind of thing. If I have an update music-wise, you'll be the first to know! I wil also post any new poetry or spoken word here.

Healthy Lifestyle: I have decided to take the simple step and get myself healthy. This includes a Personal Trainer that I see three very bright and early mornings a week, changing my eating habits slightly to give my body what it actually needs, start drinking more water, and even thinking more positively.

Simple Lifestyle: Neil (my lovely husband) and I have decided to simplify our lives of THINGS. I don't know about you, but our small basement of a house is packed to the ceiling with things we never have used, don't watch and will never need. So we are starting a journey of giving! Giving away these things to places like MCC, Salvation Army, or the Church if they could use it. Maybe you see something YOU would want... you can have it. Just let me know! We are trying to create a healthier, less stuff atmosphere.

So with that, I end my first post. And I will leave you with a thought.

I wonder if tap dancers ever walk into a room, look at the floor and think... "I'd tap that" :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment