Thursday 27 June 2013

23 1/2 hours.

              I have never been one to "work out", even when I had a gym membership! When I WOULD go, I would run for 30 min... and then maybe do a few stretches and be on my way. But not anymore! Putting the old habits behind me and making new goals to work for! I am excited to say that I have started with a personal trainer 3 times a week and have a list of things to do the days I don't see her.
              Monday, Wednesday and Friday I meet her in the park by my house at 7:00am and we do a 1 hour work out that works my cardio, strength and core.


I have never been so aware of every muscle in my legs... ow. 

               But I am super excited for this journey! I can already feel that I feel better throughout the day, which is a good sign! I'm also starting protein shakes, first thing in the morning to boost my metabolism and get a healthy start that way since I don't eat breakfast. I ordered the shake powder from Arbonne, a company that sells many things like Make-up, health bars and shakes, shampoo, lotions etc. My cousins just started their own business with Arbonne so if I can support them, I will!


Here are my thoughts for a healthy lifestyle.  

         Life is short, too short. But we were put here for a purpose and I want to fulfill that purpose with everything I've got for as long as I've got. So I'm going to get my body where it should be; healthy. I'm going to work at eating better, walking more, smiling lots and listening to my body when somethings up. You know they've done studies and eating right and exercising can save you from a LOT of health problems... crazy I know. :) But just for kicks, let me give you an example. Take a look at this short video called 23 1/2 hours.. it changed the way  I think about my day to day. 






So far I have met my PT in the park only 2 times, tomorrow will be day 3.  When I wake up I think... bah- I don't want to do this today. But when I'm done the work out.. I am thankful and excited.  What do you do to improve your everyday life? If you aren't doing anything right now, I challenge you to start going for walks around your neighbourhood. The difference it will make! Enough of this excuse.

I wanted to exercise last night but it just didn't work out.

haha *Self high-five*, although I see your play on words, it's not worth it. How hard is it to walk around the block a few times? And that is all I have to say about that!  I am off to get ready for the day!

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment